Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Violet




Perceiving the world as shades of grey
I saw a bird flying a purple corridor
A remarkable vision as it may
To know more I crept through the door!

I chose to call it with a casual hey
Asking if it wanted to come down and play!
And with a swish and a swoop it came to the floor
Harnessing the purple track from its core

The purples lines left my greys in complete disarray
Without any idea of the self they fathom bore
At loss for patterns they could not stay
Thus colour was born right at my front door

Black became a rainbow display
to cherish and unveil everyday
and white something to explore
until a prism can give no more

Lost in all the colours it did portray
I wished to keep it forevermore
while tangled in its purple track it went away
and all that remained was the decor

I could not keep her I realized with dismay
as all purple departed leaving nothing but grey
I remained as I was before!
With the shades in the sky and nothing more!

2 comments:

Teresa Diniz said...

Nuno, adorei!
Por favor, escreve e posta mais!
Bjs
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Mmm!